This training is by Amina MWRC and the University of Edinburgh’s Centre for the Study of Islam in the Contemporary World.
Full price tickets are available per organisation – if more than one person per organisation is attending they can be registered separately as an “additional group member” for a minimum donation of £1. The option for independent/additional group member tickets will be available on clicking “Tickets”.
We will use the afternoon to expand upon topics covered in our teacher’s toolkit “From Mecca to Musselburgh” which includes:
– an introduction to basic Islam as a religious tradition and lived reality; across history and the Scottish context
– how to approach an exploration of scripture
– handling “controversial” questions
– an overview of the equalities policy and what that looks like in practice and
– addressing any concerns with discussing/ teaching Islam in a youth setting.
Our toolkit is aimed at teaching young people in a 12-18 age range but can be adapted to suit all ages. However, the discussion is not limited to teaching and therefore any person working or coming into contact with people within that age range on a regular basis are welcome to attend.
Refreshments provided but this will not be a catered event.
Any queries can be sent to email@example.com
Please see www.mwrc.org.uk or www.alwaleed.ed.ac.uk for more details on our respective organisations